Thursday, November 22, 2007

Baby Carson

Baby Carson finally arrives!! We got to the hospital at 7:30 Tues. morning, and after a pretty easy labor he was born at 5:13, he weighed 7lbs 3 oz, and was 18inches long. I had a placental abbrubtion and his lungs and stomach were filled with blood, so he was immediatley taken to the NICU because he couldn't breath. So for the next 15 minutes the doctor worked on me trying to get all the pieces out and all cleaned up. Matt went with the baby and he came back later and filled me in on everything. I had no clue what was going on and hadn't even really seen my baby. Like 2 hours later I finally got to go in and see him. It was so heart breaking to see him with all these tubes coming out of his body. He was making this little grunting noise trying to breath and it was just so sad. They let Matt and our Dads give him a blessing and even let me and our moms in (there can only be two people allowed at a time in there usually) We went to bed after that and the nurse came to wake me up at like 4:30 to say that he was doing alot better, he had stopped the grunting noise, and was down from 100% oxygen to 60%. I got to hold him yesterday for a minute, and I could have just held him all day long, he's such a sweet little boy and hopefully in the next couple days I can hold him again, and Matt can for the first time. His levels were better today and we are just waiting to hear from the doctor hopefully they will take him off the ventilator soon. Today he is just chillin under the jaundis lights today, so he is getting better they are just worried that he is going to get pnemonia so they are keeping a close eye on him. It was so hard to leave the hospital today with out my baby, it's been a super emotional week and I'm not embarrased to say I have been a total mess. I have so much to be thankful for this Thanksgiving but it's a pretty hard one. I will feel so much better when I have a healthy baby boy at home with his family.

8 comments:

Tara said...

I have been thinking about you and wondering what is happening down there in Vegas. I am stuck in Utah and have had no connection. He is ADORABLE! Hang in there. I am sure this is tough, but we are all thinking about you. Love ya! (Does this mean Carson might be coming to BUNCO in December?)

Tiffani said...

I love tiny babies!!! He is so precious. I'm so glad your labor wasn't too bad - especially after all you went thru keeping him in there. I can't wait for you to get to bring him home. I'm so happy for you guys!

Emilie said...

Thanks so much for the update. I have been calling around trying to find out how you've been doing.
Baby Carson will be in our thoughts and prayers and keep us posted on how he is doing. He is adorable and I am sure you cant wait to get him home. Can't wait to meet him. Lots of love

Lisa Mc said...

Katie,
Congrats!!! Carson is a beautiful baby!!! I am so glad he is here and you both are o.k. I love modern medicine, they will be able to have him home with you soon. One of my preschool moms is a nicu nurse her name is Pam Davis. Great women.Our prayer our with your family.

Mary Stuart said...

Congrats Katie & Matt. I had heard that Carson was having a hard time and I am really glad that he is doing better! I couldn;t stop thinking about you and Amanda's twins all week! He will be home soon!!!!

Courtney M said...

Yay!! He is here and you are a mom!! I love you and will call you tomorrow. (I have been worried sick about you, just so you know)

Nicole Cave said...

I am sorry it has been a little tough for you guys! I think trials really make us appreciate our little ones even more though. It is great he is pulling through and things are getting better...I'll keep you in my prayers!

Cindy said...

I think that is the cutest baby I have ever seen! He is beautiful!!! I hope he is doing better. I will keep you all in my prayers!