Monday, September 24, 2007

My life


My older brother Jordan got married on September 15th in the Salt Lake Temple, to his fiancee Brooke. It was a beautiful wedding, or so I was told I was other wise engaged and could not make it. You might be wondering what could I possibly have been doing that was more important than going to own brothers wedding? Well take a look.........

Most of you probably know the story but here is a quick recap. We spent the night at my parents cabin in Parowen, our pit stop on our way to Salt Lake for the wedding. That night I woke up having a lot of contractions and labor pains again. I tried to go back to sleep in hopes that they would just go away. When I got up in the morning to get ready I was still having contractions and now I was bledding. So my Dad drove us to the hospital in Cedar City, where they hooked up monitors,IV's, and did a major check up, and took like a gallon of my blood. I was still having contractions like a minute and a half apart and they thought I was going to need an emergency c-section. Well the hospital in Cedar can't handle a baby that premature, so they called and ambulance and took me to St. George in it. Let me just say I wish that they would fix all the pot holes and bumps on that stretch from Cedar to St. George, because that would have made the ride a little bit more comfortable. Well they got me stabalized in St. George and I had to stay there until Sunday (so i missed the wedding) I am now on for real bed rest. The kind that I get to shower once a day, go to the bathroom, and come to the table to eat dinner. So keep me informed on all your lives becuase I have no connection with the outside world anymore, and it can get really boring! I just want to say thanks to my mom who takes care of me all day long, it's like she has a toddler at home with her that she has to do everything for!!

8 comments:

Brooke said...

I am so sorry you had such a scare! Bed rest is the worst. I was on it for three months. Moms are really awesome, mine took care of me too and I have a lot of fun memories from that time. I think the worst part was having to be on your left side all the time.
I hope the time passes quickly for you. We will keep you in our prayers!

Katie Mills said...

Congrats to Jordan!

I hope you are doing well! That has got to be tough being on bedrest! At least you can get plenty of chill time before the baby comes! I am so sorry about your hospital visit and missing your brothers wedding!

jeremyand jessicapotter said...

sounds like an eventful weekend. glad to hear the baby is still inside. it was fun to find your blog havent seen u in a couple years.

KABSorensen said...

I am glad that you and the baby are okay. I hope you don't go to crazy laying in bed. Good luck!! (Ashlee)

Cindy said...

That is no fun I am sure! I am glad you didn't have to have a c-section though. When is your actual due date? Hope you get better and that little baby just needs to chill out and wait till it is really time to come out!

Congratulations to Jordan! His bride looks beautiful in all the pics!

Casey Leigh said...

Katie! Courtney told me about your scary ordeal. I hope you're doing better and that you're not too bored! Love you!

Nicole Cave said...

So sad that you missed your brother's wedding, but I promise once you meet that little baby (WHEN THE TIME IS RIGHT) you will then say everything that you have been through was worth it. There is nothing that compares to the moment you greet your children for the first time. I wanted to come see you last Tuesday...but my own breed keeps me quite busy lately. I hope eveything goes well here on out for you!!

Emilie said...

I was so freaked out when whit told me what was happening with you. So glad you and the baby are ok. Hopefully the time will go by fast.