Sunday, October 21, 2007

My big adventure


33 weeks and 5 days. I know I've been a slacker with posting, but really how much do I have to say when I never leave the house. I do have something new to tell, and it's not exciting, but it's something. So Wednesday I went to the doctor for a check-up. I'm 60% efaced (I don't know how to spell that)and my cervix is really soft, so he said that he will probably come between 36 and 38 weeks, wow that's really soon!! So he also said that since I'm doing good that I can occasionally leave the house and go to dinner or a movie or something. So on Friday my Mom was going to Costco and I decided to go with her in my wheelchair. It is so not easy to try to shop in a wheelchair! My mom pushed me in the chair and I steered the cart with my feet, she would say turn left and we would make a really wide turn. Yes we definintely got some crazy looks. People are not all that couteous to people in a wheelchair,they either stare at you or ignore you. They didn't even yield to us, so I almost got in a couple fender benders. I know that I must have looked a little strange to anyone who really looked at me because I obviously had use of my legs, so I guess that I must have looked just like a really lazy person. Then on Saturday I went with Matt to JC Penny to get him some work/church clothes. That was not so easy, at least at Costco the rows are huge. The rows were really narrow and my chair couldn't fit through, and Matt walks so fast I had some major motion sickness when we left. It was an eventful weekend and it was so nice to be out of the house. So as hard as this bed rest thing has been, at least it's only temporary and I'm so thankful for 2 good legs that work.

8 comments:

Courtney M said...

Can we PLEASE go somewhere this week and me push you in your wheelchair!! It would really make me happy :) I miss you and im sad I missed your shower....I will call you tomorrow. Oh yah, you look really cute in your picture. I can't wait for Baby Carson to be here!

Tara said...

I can't wait to meet Carson!

Mandy said...

Why do you still look so good when you are that far along? I'm totally jealous.

P.S. Loved the 26 things about Matt-all so true. I love that goofy kid!

Mandy

Megan Bleazard said...

I had no idea you are expecting!! Congratulations! That is exciting! Hope you and Matt are doing well!

KABSorensen said...

I always wanted to be pushed in a wheelchair. I just never had an excuse. You look great. Hope that baby doesn't come to soon.

Cindy said...

You look so good! Sounds like an eventful weekend! I am sure you would have gone anywhere after being in the house for so long.

Nicole Cave said...

I am glad your pregnancy is going better...that is scarey when there are complications!!

Shannon Allen said...

Congrats on having a baby! The last time I talked with you- you werent pregnant! Congrats again! Keep in touch.

Shannon
Matt's cousin