Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Am I CRAZY???????

Many of you probably know this, but I am a big time sleep talker. I am the child that never grew out of the night terror thing. I guess my dreams are really realistic to me or soething. My whole life I have drove my parents, brothers, Matt, and roomates CRAZY!! I have been woken up standing on the bed screaming that my clothes were attcking me, gone into my brothers room crying because my feet fell off and I couldn't find them, and fighting Matt in bed because I was dreaming I was being buried alive, and he was trying to get me lay back down, and I was trying to fight off my mystery attacker from being buried alive. My parents even video taped me once when I was little because I didn't believe them. (I haven't decided if that was just plain mean of them to tape me, and be laughing while I'm scared to death in my sleep) My point to this blog is ever since I had Carson I have these crazy dreams about him. One night I had a dream that Matt stuck him behind the bed because he wouldn't stop crying, or that I fell asleep holding him and he was wrapped in the down comforter and couldn't breath, and I couldn't find him anywhere. I also once a night have one that we have just lost him somewhere. It's the worst feeling ever! I'm used to waking up scared from my night terrors but this brings it to a whole new level. I have had them every night atleast once a night, and Matt is getting soooo annoyed with me. So does anyone else get these kind of dreams or am I just crazy??? By the way does anyone else wish they had spell check on there blog?? I know I do, I'm not a great speller anyways, and when I get going I miss a ton, so I apoligize for all the mistakes!

7 comments:

Tiffani said...

I don't usually experience the TERROR part of your story, but I totally talk in my sleep. And I'm really surprised that your crazy 'baby dreams' only started AFTER Carson was born. I had them constantly when I was prego with Aiden and now with this one too. In one of my dreams with Aiden, he came out as a two year old girl with pigtails and an attitude. Yikes! I've also dreamt that there were spiders attacking me in bed and that we had to "save the little kids". Jeremy just laughs at me. And then tries to get into my head by talking to me DURING my dreams. LOL!!!

Tara said...

I did the same thing right after Caden was born. For me, it was this huge realization that I was in charge of providing this little baby with everything that he needed. It was so overwhelming and I was terrified so I think it started showing through in my dreams. I would dream that somebody would take him all the time from me and I could never find him. After a few months they went away. It took me getting comfortable in my role as a mother and protector and I think subconsciously I become more confident.

I think they will go away! Just remember to relax...I think every new mom goes through this to some degree or another.

KABSorensen said...

My first advice would be to not have Carson sleep in your bed! Scary!! jk I had those dreams after I had Brinlee. The worst was that I would have dreams that she was sleeping in our bed and me or Kenny would roll over and she suffocated. It would scare me so bad that I wouldn't have Brinlee sleep with me.

Theresa Rodriguez said...

I have crazy dreams sometimes too...youre not alone in that department. I wish i could relate to the baby dreams but im sure thats normal and i will experiance it too. Youre definately not crazy. I had to laugh a little at your dream that your feet fell off and you couldnt find them. Amazing what the mind can do while we are alseep. PS can i watch that video your parents have? jk

Cindy said...

I 100% agree with Tara...it is a totally normal thing for a new mom. I do it with each of my kids when theyare first born...they will go away! And heck ya I wish I had spell check for the blog!!!

Courtney M said...

Hello Crazy.... :) There already is spell check for your blog! When you are writing your blog it's like on the middle right hand side. It has a little check mark and says ABC. It's wonderful. Love You

Emilie said...

Your not crazy. I didnt have bad dreams before the girls nor after but during EACH pregnancy I would have these horrifying dreams about random things Ex. getting stabbed in the tummy :(
I would wake up and would be frightened to go back to sleep. They are not fun..I feel for you. BTW your little guy is too cute. I cant wait to meet him. CONGRATS!!